With love, Dubai

Monday 5 January 2015


Towards the end of 2014 me and my family travelled to Dubai desperate for some sun, a beach and a break from reality!

We’d not been before so none of us knew what to expect and we certainly weren’t disappointed!

 
On our first day we jumped straight on the little shuttle to get our feet on the sand and our backsides on the sun lounger! British winters are just no fun! Winters in Dubai however, well that’s a different story! The weather was amazing from the moment we got there to the moment we left which made it even more difficult to get back on the plane home!
We stayed at the Grosvenor House and I can honestly say it’s the most beautiful place I’ve ever had the pleasure of staying in. It’s a hotel of two towers filled with award winning restaurants and bars with staff that would go above and beyond anyone’s expectations.
As it was a special occasion, we were lucky enough to stay in a beautiful penthouse with a view that would even put NYC skyline to shame (yep- I said it!).  The rooms were incredible and I’ve got to admit the best part for me was the walk in wardrobe, I repeat walk in wardrobe...yep, I felt like I could be in a Sex and The City movie...move over SJP!


The holiday was special for many reasons but most importantly my beautiful mother/best friend turned 50 and so she opened her cards and gifts sat on a sun lounger with a glass of bubbly. If that wasn’t enough, the staff at the hotel made such an effort to celebrate it, throughout the day she was given a birthday cake and happy birthday song at least 3 times! The staff couldn’t have done any more to make her day special.

 
 
 
We ended her birthday at a beautiful restaurant called Rivington Grill, I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Dubai. We enjoyed dinner on the balcony overlooking the famous Burj Khalifa tower and with perfect view of the majestic Dubai fountain show.  These fountains are literally mind blowing! For anyone who hasn’t heard of them before, I have left a link to a video I found on YouTube- but if you ever happen to be in the area, they need to be high up on your list of things to see whilst in Dubai! The show takes place a few times each hour with a variety of songs from Arabic classics to a bit of Micheal Jackson!

Whilst in Dubai we took the opportunity to visit the iconic Atlantis The Palm hotel to release our inner child’s at their Aquaventure water park. This day was amazing, and the best part had to be sliding through the aquarium- we had a whale of a time!
 

 
Overall this really was a holiday of a lifetime, I saw some of the most amazing sites and really would recommend Dubai for a holiday and some winter sun! The only downside is that every other place I travel to from now on will have a lot to live up to! I can only promise that I will take better photos next time I’m there… and there 100% will be a next time!
Writing this post has made me so excited for my travels this year. The faint memory of sitting on that beach with a cold drink has been replaced with sitting in my dressing gown with a cup of tea! Hello holiday blues!
Until next time,
KJ xo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment